David is currently working on a variety of projects exploring the intersection of urban life and broader social issues. View a series below or visit David's flickr account for a wide assortment of daily shots. Occasional updates are also available on his blog, twitter account and email newsletter.
In addition to his photographic work, David is filming a feature-length documentary about a Chicago community being displaced by a rail yard expansion. You may watch the first film short from the project in the sociology section.
Over the course of 2012 he produced a photographic portrait of 100 of the hundreds of buildings threatened with demolition in Chicago. The project was supported by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation and published by Gapers Block.
- January 11, 2014 - Isolated Building Studies, Gallery TANTO TEMPO (Kobe, Japan)
- December 15, 2013 - Not Just Another Pretty Face, Hyde Park Art Center (Chicago, IL)
- October 11, 2013 - Histories/Photographies, DePaul Art Museum (Chicago, IL)
- February 28, 2013 - Reframing Ruin: A Prelude to the Bloomingdale Trail, Center for Neighborhood Technology (Chicago, IL)
- November 14, 2012 - The Soul, the Sound, the Syncopation, Expo 72 (Chicago, IL)
- September 29, 2012 - The Art of Photography Show curated by Julian Cox, San Diego Art Institute (San Diego, CA)
- July 20, 2012 - The Bloomingdale, Comfort Station (Chicago, IL)