David is currently working on a variety of projects exploring the intersection of urban life and broader social issues. View a series below or visit David's flickr account for a wide assortment of daily shots. Occasional updates are also available on his blog, twitter account and email newsletter.
In addition to his photographic work, David is filming a feature-length documentary about a Chicago community being displaced by a rail yard expansion. You may watch the first film short from the project in the sociology section.
Over the course of 2012 he produced a photographic portrait of 100 of the hundreds of buildings threatened with demolition in Chicago. The project was supported by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation and published by Gapers Block.
View his photographic curriculum vitae [PDF]
- NEW BOOK - Isolated Building Studies, published by Utakatado
- Continuing - Isolated Building Studies, Belfast Photo Festival (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Winter 2015 - Recent Work, Big Car (Indianapolis, IN)
- March 11, 2015 - Bonfires and Effigies: The Contested Territories of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Art Works Projects (Chicago, IL)
- December 10, 2014 - Reimagining Open Space in the Inner City, Columbia College (Chicago, IL)
- December 6, 2014 - This Particular Patch, Perspective Gallery (Evanston, IL)
- January 11, 2014 - Isolated Building Studies, Gallery TANTO TEMPO (Kobe, Japan)
- December 15, 2013 - Not Just Another Pretty Face, Hyde Park Art Center (Chicago, IL)
- October 11, 2013 - Histories/Photographies, DePaul Art Museum (Chicago, IL)