David is currently working on a variety of projects exploring the intersection of urban life and broader social issues. View a series below or visit David's flickr account for a wide assortment of daily shots. Occasional updates are also available on his blog, twitter account and email newsletter.
In addition to his photographic work, David is filming a feature-length documentary about a Chicago community being displaced by a rail yard expansion. You may watch the first film short from the project in the sociology section.
Over the course of 2012 he produced a photographic portrait of 100 of the hundreds of buildings threatened with demolition in Chicago. The project was supported by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation and published by Gapers Block.
- NEW BOOK - Isolated Building Studies, published by Utakatado
- Continuing - Isolated Building Studies, Belfast Photo Festival (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Winter 2015 - Recent Work, Big Car (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- March 11, 2015 - Bonfires and Effigies: The Contested Territories of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Art Works Projects (Chicago, IL)
- December 10, 2014 - Reimagining Open Space in the Inner City, Columbia College (Chicago, IL)
- December 6, 2014 - This Particular Patch, Perspective Gallery (Evanston, IL)
- January 11, 2014 - Isolated Building Studies, Gallery TANTO TEMPO (Kobe, Japan)
- December 15, 2013 - Not Just Another Pretty Face, Hyde Park Art Center (Chicago, IL)
- October 11, 2013 - Histories/Photographies, DePaul Art Museum (Chicago, IL)