David is currently working on a variety of projects exploring the intersection of urban life and broader social issues. View a series below or visit David's flickr account for a wide assortment of daily shots. Occasional updates are also available on his blog, twitter account and email newsletter.
In addition to his photographic work, David is filming a feature-length documentary about a Chicago community being displaced by a rail yard expansion. You may watch the first film short from the project in the sociology section.
Over the course of 2012 he produced a photographic portrait of 100 of the hundreds of buildings threatened with demolition in Chicago. The project was supported by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation and published by Gapers Block.
View his photographic curriculum vitae [PDF]
- Isolated Building Studies book, published by Utakatado
- Continuing - Isolated Building Studies, Belfast Photo Festival (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- October 10, 2015 - Recent Work, pinkcomma (Boston, MA)
- October 3, 2015 - BOLD: Alternative Scenarios for Chicago, Chicago Architecture Biennial (Chicago, IL)
- May 22, 2015 - An Invisible Hand, David Weinberg Gallery (Chicago, IL)
- May 16, 2015 - The Rise of The 606 and its Bloomingdale Trail, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (Chicago, IL)
- March 11, 2015 - Bonfires and Effigies: The Contested Territories of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Art Works Projects (Chicago, IL)