David's photography explores the relationship between urban communities and the built environment. View a series below or visit David's flickr or instagram accounts for a wide assortment of daily shots. Occasional updates are also available on his blog, twitter account and email newsletter.
In addition to his photographic work, David is filming a feature-length documentary about a Chicago community being displaced by a rail yard expansion.
Over the course of 2012 he produced a photographic portrait of 100 of the hundreds of buildings threatened with demolition in Chicago. The project was supported by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation and published by Gapers Block.
View his photographic curriculum vitae [PDF]
- Isolated Building Studies book, published by Utakatado
- Continuing - Isolated Building Studies, Belfast Photo Festival (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- June 18, 2016 - Future Tense, 516 ARTS (Albuquerque, MN)
- April 16, 2016 - Telescope Houses of Buffalo, The Fargo House (Buffalo, NY)
- February 10, 2016 - Affordable Housing in New York, Hunter East Harlem (New York, NY)
- October 10, 2015 - David Schalliol: Selected, pinkcomma (Boston, MA)
- October 3, 2015 - BOLD: Alternative Scenarios for Chicago, Chicago Architecture Biennial (Chicago, IL)
- May 22, 2015 - An Invisible Hand, David Weinberg Gallery (Chicago, IL)
- May 16, 2015 - The Rise of The 606 and its Bloomingdale Trail, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (Chicago, IL)
- March 11, 2015 - Bonfires and Effigies: The Contested Territories of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Art Works Projects (Chicago, IL)